Mark W. Cherry
Mark W. Cherry, a shareholder of I&G, concentrates his practice in commercial and secured transactions, entity formation and governance, and real estate transactions. He represents purchasers, sellers, lenders, developers, builders, owners, lessors, and lessees. Mr. Cherry provides representation and counseling in the following areas:
Commercial and Secured Transactions
- Acquisitions and mergers
- Assets and stock sale transactions
- Secured commercial loans on behalf of lenders, borrowers and guarantors
- Equipment leasing
- Commercial loan disputes
- Foreclosures and collections
- Contracts for the purchase and sale of goods and/or services
Entity Formation and Governance
- Limited liability companies
- Limited partnerships
- Joint ventures
- Strategic alliances
Real Estate Transactions
- Acquisition and sale of commercial real estate
- Commercial and residential site condominiums
- Recreational developments
- Mobile home communities
- Office leasing
- Boundary line disputes and encroachment matters
- J. D., Detroit College of Law, Detroit, MI, 1987
- Honors: cum laude
- Law Review Member
- Scholarship and Book Awards Recipient
- B.S., Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, 1980
- “Kelly v Gwinnell: Social Host Liability under the Common Law”, Vol. 96, Detroit College of Law Review (1985).
- “Impact of the New Rules of Professional Responsibility on Real Estate Lawyers”, Vol. 16, No. 3, Michigan Real Property Review, 173 (Fall 1989).
- “Current Issues Concerning the Unauthorized Practice of Law in Connection with Michigan Real Estate Transactions”, Vol. 17, No. 4, Michigan Real Property Review 163 (Winter 1990).
- “Employers Liability as a Social Host”, Vol. 70, No. 12, Michigan Bar Journal 1324 (December 1991).
Contact Ishbia & Gagleard, P.C.
251 E. Merrill St., Suite 212 Birmingham, Michigan 48009